In honor of Mother’s Day, explore some of your motherly memories here with the following prompts:
- Use color to describe your mother and three of four (or more) smilies comparing her to things of that color.
- Write your mother as a flower. What kind of flower is she? Where is she planted? What fragrance envelops her?
- In Yugoslavia, Mother’s Day seems more for the children then the moms themselves. The children have a tradition of tying up their mother and ransoming her freedom for gifts. What is an alternative Mother’s Day tradition you would like to have with your mother?
- Write a letter to your mom with the starting like: “I have always wanted to tell you…”
- Write about an adventure you and your mother had
- If you are a mother, describe your proudest moment as a mom so far. Was it the time your child learned to read their first words? When they left the nest to start college? Something else? Recall how you felt at the time and what it meant for you as a mother.