Writing for the Transformative Language Arts (TLA) blog is open to anyone. While the majority of submissions will be from members of the Transformative Language Arts Network (TLAN), this is not required.
Aren’t already a TLAN member? It’s easy and affordable! Learn more and join here.
Pieces should be 100-800 words, and center around one of 2 areas:
- TLA Practice
- Gems from the Workshop
Please know that the TLA blog is currently expanding. As this happens, this page will update with more information about posts.
We are looking for a window into your TLA practice to share with the world. Share what you’ve learned, what you’re thinking about, something new you’ve tried and discovered. This is a place for conversation and community. Consider writing:
- A moment from a workshop you facilitated or participated in (taking care to change names and identifying details of others, or get their permission).
- A moment from your own writing, storytelling, performance, collaborative arts, and other arts — creating on your own, sharing with others, and/or collaborating with others.
- A moment of discovery, rediscovery, being seen, witnessing others, or other qualities that we can practice through TLA.
- TLA news in any variation, such as elders using storytelling to share their legacy, a project involving youth in ecological writing, or research you discovered on how writing can help with recovering from a health crisis.
Gems from the Workshop
Recently facilitate or attend a TLA-related workshop? Here’s an opportunity to share writing from emerging writers, storytellers, spoken word artists, and others taking part in TLA Workshops with a broader audience. All Gems from the Workshops submissions should include a short process note — 100 words or so — including:
- The prompt or inspiration that inspired the piece
- The geographic location of the writing workshop, and
- A few words about how you came to writing/what writing has meant to you
Submit Your Piece
Please use the form below to submit your piece. If the form isn’t your thing, please send all the required information to tlablog (dot) submissions (at) gmail (dot) com, with the subject line, “TLA Blog Submission.”